Colatura di Alici

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do aglio and olio pasta and add one spoon of colatura per person, consider it is very salty, so i would not add salt in the pasta's water

I understand the "A vegan version" but historically Soy Sauce was originally crafted by strictly vegetarian Buddhist monks to replace Fish Sauce. There is a simple way to add more umami flavor to your dishes that is totally vegan. I use this, it is unbelievable.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 07.49.51.png

few years ago I made a recipe by Heston Blumenthal, for mushroom soup that called for dried and powdered mushrooms so I made that powder by grating Cepes and Shii take....I use it frequently when i want to spice up the Umami!

about a third of every year's chanterelle harvest i usually dry and make a fine powder out of. very handy. very tasty. looks nice.

Last edited:
Can't wait until I see vegan hipsters snorting lines of powdered mushrooms...

In the states we can buy Psilocybin chocolates

View attachment 320602
Have you ever tried them. Magic mushrooms are still illegal drug. Put Psilocybin in chocolate or whatever else with high price tags. Not regulated yet.

Every session of new laws trys to legalize Pakalolo here, never passes. Hawaii has many groups including religious against it.

Have you ever tried them. Magic mushrooms are still illegal drug. Put Psilocybin in chocolate or whatever else with high price tags. Not regulated yet.

Every session of new laws trys to legalize Pakalolo here, never passes. Hawaii has many groups including religious against it.

The ones i pictured are not actually Psilocybin, as to your point is still illegal, but in my area decriminalized. If I am not mistaken its like a derivative of DMT. They definitely provide a similar experience, though. Its really nice being able to accurately dose though.

Being able to go to the store to pick up my Pakalolo is definitely a mind blowing experience. For example, my local dispensary has 30% all May for Mothers day.

My experience with mind altering drugs was who knows the dose LSD in late 60's early 70's mostly in Hawaii. Must say I never had a bad trip, but haven't used any since that time. I have some back pain in older age thinking of getting medical pain killer gummy bears that is legal here. Don't like anything in my lungs except air.

If you have a hardened shelter in which to escape airstrikes from angry Italians, I highly recommend combining the spaghetti all'Assassina method with a scratch puttanesca sauce. Basically, make enough puttanesca sauce for however many portions of pasta you are cooking (using your colatura di alici), and then cook the sauce in a large skillet with your pasta and a few cups of water until the water is completely absorbed and the pasta has crisped and fried in places. You want some real color on it. Don't worry about the pasta getting mushy if you cook it too long, you will dehydrate and crisp the pasta as you continue to cook. It will end up as one of the most delicious umami bomb pastas you have ever tasted, and if you nail the textural elements as well, it's as good as it gets.

I promise!

Latest posts

Back