• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Camacho Cu-Mai K-tip Gyuto and Petty Set

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks, long-time lurker, first time poster.

A few years ago, I won a raffle from Zach Camacho on Instagram. It was on Father's Day, and I was a new father, so it was pretty cool, I never win anything. In the time since then, I've realized that my tastes in cutlery lean quite a bit more minimalist than these Cu-Mai showpieces. In the spirit of minimalism...or at least that's what I'm telling my wife, I'd like to pass these along to their next owner and hopefully turn the proceeds into something a little more to my taste (two knives into one...minimalism?).

The knives:
K-Tip Gyuto: 230mm blade / 150mm handle
K-Tip Petty: 100mm blade / 125mm handle

Both have extraordinarily fine tips. The petty's tip got a little bent at some point, but has been straightened and re-sharpened. The gyuto's tip is perfect, but not as crazy-pointy perfect as new. Both have sharp edges that has seen only routine maintenance honing.

I haven't seen many of these posted here, so I'm unsure of the market. Camacho listed this set as a $1,200 or $1,400 value if I remember correctly. I'd like to see $700 for the pair.

Attachments

• IMG_8629.jpeg
    IMG_8629.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8636.jpeg
    IMG_8636.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8635.jpeg
    IMG_8635.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8634.jpeg
    IMG_8634.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8633.jpeg
    IMG_8633.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8632.jpeg
    IMG_8632.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8631.jpeg
    IMG_8631.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8630.jpeg
    IMG_8630.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Can confirm - Zac Camacho makes an excellent knife.

Hey folks, this is my first time selling here so I'm not sure what's "typical", but it seems like maybe the price is above market on these. Anyone interested at a lower price? DM me with offers.
Unfortunately out of my budget , but they are stunningly beautiful. GLWS

Hey folks, this is my first time selling here so I'm not sure what's "typical", but it seems like maybe the price is above market on these. Anyone interested at a lower price? DM me with offers.
My perspective as a relative newcomer:
As a sometimes buyer, I’m biased toward a lower price.
However I plan to sell some items — which has the reverse bias.

The articles you are presenting are very much niche products. They’re very bling in an “eatingtools” idiom, more of an aesthetic tour de force than something you might find in even the starriest of pro kitchens.

I’d hesitate to use them if they were mine. They’re gorgeous and obviously the product of great effort by a first-rank craftsman. But you’re looking for a one-in-a-thousand customer for these knives-as-art. (Sidebar: they probably cut great and would slay in a busy kitchen. But one does not fit a Pagani Zonda with a trailer hitch!)

So, if it makes any sense, your price is too low, but at the same time I don’t know how many on this site have a demand for such tools whose use as a tool presents a real psychological barrier. I ramble, and I could be completely wrong.

Frankly, I sort of want them. But I’m dry from a buying binge, and I’m focused on completing a set of “users.”

I do hope you find a buyer who recognizes a screaming bargain. Cheers, a

Latest posts

Back