• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD ***BANGERS PART 2, y’all!!***

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello again my friends…

Sorry this one has taken a while… I’ve been taking a minute to make some super difficult decisions (y’all know what I mean), and it also took me a while to get the photos ready but here we go:

This round are all straight BANGERS. The word of the day here is RARE.

And when I say rare I mean either one of a kind or something that is insanely difficult to come by… and I have a selection of those for you today.

If you know me, have ever purchased a knife from me, or have even seen my collection, you know that I take extremely good care of my knives so every single knife here is in top-flight condition, whether new or used.

We have several to go, so I will keep things slightly more brief than I usually do.

All prices include Shipping CONUS.

PREFER CONUS FOR ALL SALES.

Up first we have 2 of the rarest of their kind. Both of them in incredible condition, one of which has only been used twice.

1. Konosuke Fujiyama FM Cleaver - $600*****SOLD****
Blue 2, soft iron clad.
220x 115, 535g

2. Konosuke Fujiyama 270 Gyuto - $650****SOLD****
Blue 2, soft iron clad
265 x 59, 260g

Both of these knives are some of the rarest post Morihei Fujiyamas, especially in the current era, and certainly in this condition. I spoke to Kosuke, who is the president of Konosuke, last year and they have no intention of making these knives any time soon.

On top of that, as many of you on here know, I have owned quite the collection of Fujiyamas in my day, and these two are by far the most insane performers I’ve seen this far. All of the beauty and perfection of the Fujiyama grind but with added heft and weight make for an insane cutting experience.

Both of these have been used only a few times and for only a few minutes each. They have never been sharpened, touched up, anything. They’ve never even developed that firsts insane Fujiyama patina! (Would love for whoever buys them to send me pics).

Up next we have one of the rarest and most sought after makers… you know the one! I am so unbelievably reluctant to sell this knife that I am first putting out a WTT only for this one in particular. If nothing pops up I may decide to sell.

***If you have another Yanick and are interested in a trade, let’s talk. I also have something else by him we could discuss. Really looking to find one of his flatter profiles***

3. Yanick Puig 150 Petty - WTT For another Yanick. (If nothing pops up I will add a price)
135Cr3, wrought iron clad
153 x 38, 90g
Essentially BNIB.

This knife is not only brand spanking new but it is IMO perfect. The wrought figuring on this thing is downright stupid… like a mini gyuto with a crazy taper and a tip so thin you could shave a rats balls with it. (really). This was purchased from the man himself as a “Honesuki” because it has a k-tip shape, but I’m my eyes it feels like a petty.
It has been used literally one time to test it out on a couple of potatoes.
This is a pristine example of Yanicks work. I believe the handle is oak with a maple burl inlay. Simply a STUNNING knife.
I just don’t reach for a petty often enough to justify owning this insane piece.

Again, I am offering up a WTT for this knife. I am only interested in other Yanicks for trade or partial trade.

Continuing the trend of “western” unicorns, we have my next insane offering:

4. Kamon S-grind 210 Santoku - $900***SOLD*****
1.2519 Monosteel
210 x 58, 244g

This was my first Kamon and boy oh boy I do NOT want to let this one go. Purchased from the Kamon whisperer (Marc of course) This knife has one of the best/cleanest tapers I’ve ever seen. Steel is crissssspy and holds an edge forever. It’s only ever been swiped a few times on an Aizu by me and it comes back to razor sharp immediately. The spine on this one is super stiff and hefty at the heel and laser thin at the tip (mullet grind 😂) and the S-grind makes for an insane cutting feel. Ghosts through carrots with ease.
I am going to miss the hell out of this thing but I really need to make some room. ☹️

5. Tobias Heldqvist 250 - $625 ****SOLD*****
26c3, wrought iron clad.
248 x 56, 220g

This knife rips so hard in every possible way. Amazing performance, super easy on the eyes, gorgeous wrought figuring and probably one of the best handles I have in my collection. This is a middleweight grind, nice and stiff but tapers very nicely down to a nice thin tip. Very comfortable all around. This is one of those perfect happy medium type knives that just crushes whatever task you need it to. Also one of my favorite profiles I’ve owned.
This handle deserves a whole post all in its own but once you see/feel it in person you will understand. Stabilized Chestnut Burl, buffalo horn, and mammoth tooth. Smooth and absolutely stunning in hand.

Knife has never been sharpened and been used very gently by me at home.

*whoever buys this…. Please sell it back to me someday?

And to round everything up we have another sick ass knife that was a custom made for me!

6. Lundbergs 240 Gyuto - $475
26c3, wrought iron
240, 59, 200g

Yet another sick ass wrought clad knife for Tyler… I know… biiiiiiig shocker.

Mattias did an incredible job with this knife and was an absolute GENTLEMAN throughout the whole process. I cannot say enough good things about his custom process and his customer service in general.

This one is a really amazing performer and is balanced beautifully. Again more of a middleweight, but has an incredible taper and feels excellent in hand/on the board. Steel sharpens super easily… heat treatment was done beautifully.

**Unlike all the others in this post, I have done some work to this knife. I flattened/prepped the bevels on stones myself… taking out a low spot near the tip and then reshaping the tip afterwards because it was PAPER thin and I didn’t trust how strong it would end up. So the knife now has an ever so slightly more “bullnose” shape than it did before, which I personally really dig.
Since I did change the original profile, the price will reflect said changes, as I paid considerably more. But all in all this knife is in great condition. I would love for someone else to be able to enjoy this knife the way it deserves (and enjoy the new flat bevels on the stones).
I used the knife for a few minutes after I polished it so there’s patina right in the center of the knife currently but I’d be happy to clean it up again before shipping out.

Thank you all for looking!🙏🏼 Please feel free to hit me up with any questions you might have.

IMG_9570.jpeg
IMG_9568.jpeg
IMG_9580.jpeg
IMG_6123.jpeg
IMG_5690.jpeg
IMG_9591.jpeg
IMG_9597.jpeg
IMG_7036.jpeg
IMG_5875.png
IMG_3688.jpeg

Last edited:
Lundy is SOLD!

Yanick petty trade still remains!!

I may make a new post with the WTT… but I have this gorgeous Yanick petty and another Yanick gyuto…. Let’s make some sort of trade for a different Yanick… yeah?

If you have a Yanick, hit me up!

Back