Anybody used Dalstrong?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Epic… it all goes into trying to validate Dalstrong.

A long slicer with Granton edge… get over it. The cheapest stuff will still get the same job done there. And who wants one?

微信图片_20240118161129.jpg

My first attempt at purchasing a non Western knife was a Dalstrong ( I didn’t know any better at the time and it popped up affordable on Amazon ) And while I’m sure plenty of Chinese Blacksmiths make amazing knife’s… this Nakiri I purchased was not one of them. It weighs ALOT; like a lot a lot for its size. It wasn’t enjoyable to hold in my hand let alone use. I’m currently using it for rust experiments in my basement. Never purchased a Dalstrong again. My collection has sense vastly expanded but I still have yet to get a knife that was that heavy and cumbersome.

My first attempt at purchasing a non Western knife was a Dalstrong ( I didn’t know any better at the time and it popped up affordable on Amazon ) And while I’m sure plenty of Chinese Blacksmiths make amazing knife’s… this Nakiri I purchased was not one of them. It weighs ALOT; like a lot a lot for its size. It wasn’t enjoyable to hold in my hand let alone use. I’m currently using it for rust experiments in my basement. Never purchased a Dalstrong again. My collection has sense vastly expanded but I still have yet to get a knife that was that heavy and cumbersome.
Good chinese knives be good...

dama.png

If you're also including pointy tipped and not just rounded, Misono goes up to 360 in just about any flavor.
With Wüsthof you have to check an actual distributor or with Wüsthof themselves because I know they have longer blades, but it's not something you see at your average shop. But they have for example chef knives in the 30cm+ range. But just like with Victorinox it's not something you really see on the consumer website or in your average store..

Wusthof discontinued their 12" chef knife. I wonder if this is a bit of a move away from professionals to focusing on home cooks/consumers, I imagine as a percentage of knives in pro kitchen Wusthof has been in decline for a while.

1000000538.png

Last edited:
"Impervious black and red", Dalstrong figured they will just slap as many big words onto their promotionals as often as they can and people who didn't know better would just buy their garbage.

I guess it's working for them.

"Impervious black and red", Dalstrong figured they will just slap as many big words onto their promotionals as often as they can and people who didn't know better would just buy their garbage.

I guess it's working for them.
Impervious? I know a coupla pervs who would totally “hold m’beer!”

Back