Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, my daughter loves those knives. During a recent dinner prep she says "No dad, we need to use my knives. They're sharper." I proceeded to be kicked off the cutting board so she could cut the zucchini.
Update:

Daughter: "Dad, I need the cheese that tastes like cheese sticks."
Me: "Okay sweetheart, here's the mozzarella."
Daughter: "Yes, okay that's 'xactly what I was talking about. Okay, remember this is the kids cutting place and that one over there is for grown ups."
*Finishes cutting*
"Okay dad, here's the snacks. Come with me. Can you put on Batgirl on the TV? We're at the movies now."

1000007688.jpg

Last edited:
Update:

Daughter: "Dad, I need the cheese that tastes like cheese sticks."
Me: "Okay sweetheart, here's the mozzarella."
Daughter: "Yes, okay that's 'xactly what I was talking about. Okay, remember this is the kids cutting place and that one over there is for grown ups."
*Finishes cutting*
"Okay dad, here's the snacks. Come with me. Can you put on Batgirl on the TV. We're at the movies now."

View attachment 320528
I got grown adults in the kitchen who can't be taught to claw grip, nice work xD

View attachment 320382finally took the leap and replaced my first japanese gyuto as my preferences have gotten more clear and I don't use it anymore. Was I little nervous at the price point, but what can I say, the hype is real. It really deserves a real writeup for those who can't hold one before they buy. Initial impression after cutting "okay, I get it"

The ridiculously low price on Shindo is exactly part of the allure.

TF and jiro are both wonderful knives, but due to the price tag, there are always going to be some critique on them. Whilst I think most of us can see pass the obvious flaws in Shindo, and that's why I've yet to see a single negative post about them.

Xerxes batch knife came in today. Passed the onion and sweet potato test with flying colors. Little bit of stiction on the sweet potato but not bad. Has a nice beefy spine and carries the weight well. Mine spec'd out at 224x53, 237g. Reminds me a lot of recent eddworks gyutos I've gotten to use.

Attachments

• D4231A64-5F50-45D5-BFD4-CBBEF08CCE9F.jpeg
    D4231A64-5F50-45D5-BFD4-CBBEF08CCE9F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back