• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Morihei 6k & Shapton Pro 5k

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkayMode

Incel who can’t cook (or polish)
Reaction score
Consolidating the stone collection down a bit and letting some stuff go that is either not seeing much use or redundant in my current set up.

Morihei 6k - £60:
- Thought I would use this for polishing projects, but I have only used it once.
- For those who like a very clean and bright core steel that maximises contrast against soft cladding, this would be a worthy inclusion to your progression. However, my preferences have gone the other way towards a full natural stone progression on core steel.
- Measurements are: 210 x 75 x 25mm
- The edges all come slightly bevelled as stock on this stone.
- Comes with the original box.

Shapton Pro 5k - £35:
- I bought this for edge sharpening, but hardly ever ended up using it.
- Measurements are: 210 x 70 x 17mm.
- I have bevelled the edges to prevent them catching an edge, there's a very small chip out of one corner but it poses no structural concerns.
- Comes with the handy plastic box thing that doubles up as a stone holder.

List prices are exclusive of shipping from the UK - happy to offer a discount if you buy both stones together.

Back