Cook had knives stolen in Toronto, any PIF available?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnochef

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I thought I would post here because y'all are so awesome and generous.

A cook had his entire kit stolen here in Toronto, you can read about it:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/46440306658/10151532031921659/?notif_t=group_comment_reply

I gave him my 3 pc. Global set that I wasn't using anymore as well as a Microplane and y-peeler.

He's a really decent dude and will use anything you can spare whether it be a larger chef's knife, slicer, bread knife, boning knife, nakiri, knife roll or bag, stones and any typical cook's tools.

Here is his information:

Andrew Eade
10 Shallmar Blvd. Apt.117
Toronto, ON M5N 1J4

(647)668-5208

Thanks guys, I'm sure anything you're willing to send will be much appreciated.

I think I've got all of these things, even the bag. I just called and left a message. Will ship out tomorrow or Wednesday.

And BOOM! Just like that, problem solved. Nerd, you continue to rock!

And BOOM! Just like that, problem solved. Nerd, you continue to rock!
This kind of stuff wouldn't be possible without incredibly generous members like you( and many many others) Ben!

WOW!!!

Thanks knyfeknerd. This serves to reinforce my firmly held belief that forum members here are some of the most generous dudes in cyberspace.

FYI knyfeknerd, you may not hear from him right away because when I saw him earlier he was on his way into work. Also, he hasn't replied to my text yet so he's probably busy.

Awesome!

FYI knyfeknerd, you may not hear from him right away because when I saw him earlier he was on his way into work. Also, he hasn't replied to my text yet so he's probably busy.

May want to remove Andrew's contact information and just have people PM you for it...

I spoke with Andrew yesterday and he's very happy to be getting some knives/tools. I think he's learned his lesson about leaving knives in his car. I shipped them out this morning.
If anyone is interested in donating to the offset the the shipping cost-it was almost $60!!!
My (wife's) paypal is [email protected]

Here's the booty:
DSC_00033_zps6655d369.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks to everyone who donated knives and tools. We've got :
Henckel slicer
Sabatier 9inch Carbon Nogent Chef
Messermeister Meridian Elite Boner
Wustoff Bread
Random Asian Melon knife
1k/6k Mizuyama combo wetstone
Melon baller
Fish Spatula
Henckel Steel
Henckel Scissors
Ultimate Edge (really big) Bag
and maybe some more.

It's really cool to be able to send someone in need a full kit.
Thanks guys!

an ultimate edge bag!! dont forget the most awesome part!!! You rule kyfenerd!

To see this kind of generosity truly amazes and inspires me. Bless You.

Update
Saw that package has cleared customs and arrived at the Canadian Post Office. Hopefully Andrew will receive the goods this week. I've encouraged him to drop by KKF and say Hi sometime as well. Thanks to everyone for chipping in on this. You guys are truly stellar individuals of the Knife Kult of KKF!

The Eagle has landed!
Looks like Andrew finally got the goods. He sent me a knice email today.

Words cannot express how appreciative I am

FROM Andrew Eade TO You

Show Details

FromAndrew Eade

[email protected]

Chris,

I wanted to take time to personally thank you for rebuilding hope in me and getting me back on my feet. I wish you all the best and really respect you reaching out to me. All the best and if your ever in Toronto just give me a call and I'll take you out for dinner.

All the best!

--

Andrew Eade

Thanks everybody, it was great to finally get to give away a full kit. I hope Andrew stops by KKF someday. Wouldn't have been possible without all the forum generosity.

Just happened to take a look at this because i love what it stood for. Is he all set? Ive got a few knives (nothing great) that I could part with for someone struggling for karmas sake.

Always wanting to help a cook in need,

Jesse

This kind of stuff wouldn't be possible without incredibly generous members like you( and many many others) Ben!

Yeah true, but it's YOU who make it happen! I'm full of admiration. Well done knyfie!

And stop playing the Karma-Karma-Karma-Karmeleon - take a well deserved bow!

Back