A Bread Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3905.jpeg

Tonight’s bake.

Last edited:
For spreading butter on bread, baked potatoes, etc... I use a blend of butter and olive oil and sea salt (commercially bought). Stays spreadable right out of the fridge and tastes like regular butter. Normal stick butter goes in all other cooking dishes. I can get this in all my grocery stores so I don't know if you can make your own version. It's a game changer, especially for my wife who makes me rye toast on weekend mornings and would curse like a sailor every time she tried to spread the cold stick butter, lol!

For spreading butter on bread, baked potatoes, etc... I use a blend of butter and olive oil and sea salt (commercially bought). Stays spreadable right out of the fridge and tastes like regular butter. Normal stick butter goes in all other cooking dishes. I can get this in all my grocery stores so I don't know if you can make your own version. It's a game changer, especially for my wife who makes me rye toast on weekend mornings and would curse like a sailor every time she tried to spread the cold stick butter, lol!
I just leave the butter out of the fridge in a covered container.

I tweaked some variables from last week’s bread (longer mix to build strength before adding the full quantity of water, longer bulk fermentation, adding 30g rye for flavour) and am much happier with this attempt!

The shape is a bit rustic looking near the bottom sides as a 950g loaf is really testing the size limitations of my combo cooker, but I’m not about to drop £££ on a challenger pan.

Why are they even that expensive?? It’s just a combo cooker in a longer oval shape! Even the knock off ones are £155!!!

Back