Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you do a spine shot on the nakiri please
IMG_4327.jpeg
Spine
IMG_4322.jpeg
Front
IMG_4323.jpeg
IMG_4310.jpeg

Choil

Seems like a lot more forged geometry instead of grinding
I've always liked how the S-grinds perform, but disliked actually grinding them. Forging is a bit more abstract, and a lot more fun. And I think it looks better. And from a process perspective, it makes more sense. This nakiri was an experiment that turned out well, I need more practice but I'm definitely trending in that direction.

WĆ¼sthof done it again. For years my favorite kitchen knife was an Chicago Cutlery 6" chef's knife. It vanished don't know what happened to it. They no longer make one this size. I have a couple of JCK knives about this size but they still don't have the blade shape of the Chicago knife. I was notified by WĆ¼sthof of a sale and one of the knives on sale was this one. It has the same blade shape as the Chicago 6" only much better quality. The Zwilling knife block I have that is the size of a tree stump has an empty slot just waiting to be filled. My German Butcher Uncles are looking down at me with approval in their eyes. Will post photos when I get it.

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 09.42.04.png

Introducing what is now indisputably one of the coolest knives in my collection thanks to the craftsmanship of our very own @birdsfan , the SNAKEWOOD DRAGON šŸ‰ This knife is pure metal šŸ¤˜šŸ¤˜ Thanks Fred for this certified badassery.

1 - Misono - Profile 1.jpg

1 - Misono - Profile 2.jpg

And now let's get that in some more direct light to show off the grain, shall we? 100% unretouched and unfiltered šŸ„°

3 - Misono - Handle Detail 1.jpg

4 - Misono - Handle Detail 2.jpg

5 - Misono - Handle Detail 3.jpg

Fred, you rule my man. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Introducing what is now indisputably one of the coolest knives in my collection thanks to the craftsmanship of our very own @birdsfan , the SNAKEWOOD DRAGON šŸ‰ This knife is pure metal šŸ¤˜šŸ¤˜ Thanks Fred for this certified badassery.

View attachment 320929

View attachment 320930

And now let's get that in some more direct light to show off the grain, shall we? 100% unretouched and unfiltered šŸ„°

View attachment 320931

View attachment 320932

View attachment 320934

Handle is so šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

View attachment 320929

View attachment 320930

View attachment 320931

View attachment 320932

View attachment 320934

Holy ****! Handle is incredible and that etch on the Dragon, got dang!!

View attachment 320929

View attachment 320930

View attachment 320931

View attachment 320932

View attachment 320934

wow. nice.

and @birdsfan ... amazing

That little Swedish parer is definitely one of the best Japanese production parers
It is my main Zen green onion slicer, thin, sharp, well balanced, the only other paring knife I have that is its equal is the WĆ¼sthof Classic Ikon 3.5" paring. The WĆ¼sthof has a slight edge because of its great handle.

You can see the Misono is taking on a patia
IMG_9166.jpeg

This is what my translation app translates the label on the Misono

IMG_9163.jpeg

It is my main Zen green onion slicer, thin, sharp, well balanced, the only other paring knife I have that is its equal is the WĆ¼sthof Classic Ikon 3.5" paring. The WĆ¼sthof has a slight edge because of its great handle.

You can see the Misono is taking on a patia
View attachment 321031

This is what my translation app translates the label on the Misono

View attachment 321032
Some people do find the handle a little slim. Other great production parers are mac pro and shun classic.

Beautiful, the attention to detail on @tostadas handles is incredible & he has some gorgeous materials. Absolutely love the handle I have from him on a Suji
Absolutely, he was very patient (I did a pivot on the suji handle - it was supposed to be the redwood but decided to snag a satinwood instead, then the WIP block became a ferrule) and the results are fantastic

what wood is this
For the Fellipi, maple burl
For the Nigara Hamono, satinwood + redwood ferrule

DSC01320-ARW_DxO_HQ.jpg
DSC01363-ARW_DxO_HQ.jpg

Back