Merion Forge Integral Gyuto 280mm Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was plotting a way to get boudin in the box actually lmao. I think if I froze some and insulated it with a few layers to catch the condensation it might work for the travel. Oh well we can work something out next time.
Ah hell, a double kick in the pants! Would've been a most welcome surprise haha

Okay knife is getting shipped tomorrow instead. Not sure what the occasion is but the post office was slammed today, no parking and a line 30-40 people deep. I’m guessing this is due to tax day?

Very fun knife to use. Checks all the boxes. Nice timber, cladding, geometry, core steel, and ultimately BALANCE. Man idk how but this feels like a 240mm in hand. Super easy to handle and be accurate as well. A few passes on my coti and it was right back in shape.

Plz don’t judge my cutting as I’m awkwardly standing to the side of my board so you can see the action.

Passed all the produce tests that I had. Just didn’t have any super sense produce like sweet potato or squash. But cuts carrots with little cracking on the initial cuts but when going smaller it was very smooth. Doesn’t have a ton of taper but the shinogi/grind is very generous. Blade road is consistent from what I can see and would make a fun stone companion.

This is a 280mm blade I would enjoy doing shallots with if that makes sense. Dominik makes a fine blade and honestly this is a very good priced knife.

Ty for letting me try it!

Attachments

• IMG_5639.jpeg
    IMG_5639.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back