• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS HF & Hisamoto combo ($900)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
UPDATE (5/7/2024):

I'm including a Hisamoto as well.

Hisamoto fine finish (bought from Tyler Leach)
PAID: $400
ASKING: $350
Steel: white #1 I think
Dims: 254g, 240x51

Halcyon and Hisamoto combo:
$900

I got fortunate today and picked up another knife that guarantees that the Bazes for offer will never get used again and there's no point it sitting being more a drawer queen than it already has been for the entire time I've owned it. Last use was probably 4-5 months ago, has been used at most 6-7 times by me to test its performance on a couple vegetables and was never once used by me to make an entire meal.

The Halcyon . . . Well, I own a lot of Joe's work now and there's no point keeping it. It cuts beautifully, also a knife used maybe 5 times total, never for an entire meal, and again, mostly just to cut a couple vegetables for testing purposes—the knife is absolutely in "like new" condition and the steel outstanding.

More information about each knife can be found by clicking below.

Bazes: $750 SOLD

Halcyon Forge: $700 $650 $625

Bazes & Halcyon combo: $1250

Attachments

• IMG_4981.jpeg
    IMG_4981.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4982.jpeg
    IMG_4982.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4983.jpeg
    IMG_4983.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4984.jpeg
    IMG_4984.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4985.jpeg
    IMG_4985.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4986.jpeg
    IMG_4986.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4987.jpeg
    IMG_4987.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4988.jpeg
    IMG_4988.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
UPDATE (5/7/2024):

Hisamoto fine finish (bought from Tyler Leach—click the damn link to see "pics" of the Hisamoto)

$900

I paid $700 for the Halycon not including shipping, $400 for the Hisamoto. The Halycon is like-new, the Hisamoto I used maybe 4 times for basic veggie stuff. Both are superb performers.

UPDATE (5/7/2024):

Hisamoto fine finish (bought from Tyler Leach—click the damn link to see "pics" of the Hisamoto)

$900

I paid $700 for the Halycon not including shipping, $400 for the Hisamoto. The Halycon is like-new, the Hisamoto I used maybe 4 times for basic veggie stuff. Both are superb performers.
Look at that choil. One of the most underrated lines on KKF and I should know I've owned 5 of them and have 3 in my permanent collection. This looks like an exceptional example too. And yes it's iron clad W#1 and being FF its very stone friendly out of the box. Yet to find a low spot on any of these.

Look at that choil. One of the most underrated lines on KKF and I should know I've owned 5 of them and have 3 in my permanent collection. This looks like an exceptional example too. And yes it's iron clad W#1 and being FF its very stone friendly out of the box. Yet to find a low spot on any of these.
It is a beastly knife. Maybe some people think it's not all that great due to it's "low" price tag, but they'd be entirely wrong. It performs with the best of them.

Just FYI….this Hisamoto is absolutely phenomenal.

I wish I still had it.

From all the others I had seen before I bought it, this one is a PRIME example. Insanely aggressive grind… but comfortable and robust. It’s like a more aggressive Denka… how could you go wrong with that??
Check out this patina when I first bought it:

IMG_6444.png

Just FYI….this Hisamoto is absolutely phenomenal.

I wish I still had it.

From all the others I had seen before I bought it, this one is a PRIME example. Insanely aggressive grind… but comfortable and robust. It’s like a more aggressive Denka… how could you go wrong with that??
Check out this patina when I first bought it:

View attachment 320347
Do you have a Choil shot? Kinda hard for me to pause the video and view the choil without blur.

Back